The small cemetery situated on section 3092 originally belonged to the Wesleyan Methodists from the Gawler circuit. The chapel was built in 1857 on land originally owned by Thomas Williams. The church was demolished in 1902. The chapel served the needs of the small settlement on the Little Para around the Old Spot hotel. Unfortunately we have no photograph or drawing of the chapel.
Amongst the burials are members of the Goodman,
Watts, Chapman, Billing, Henderson, Matthew
and Williams families. The first burial recorded was that of Lydia Tippett aged
4 months on the 2 October 1860. We have a record of 37 individuals buried on site, the last burial occurred in 1899. Remains of the Williams family underground burial vault can still be seen.
The land that once held the chapel is now part of a housing estate and the cemetery has been incorporated into a park. No legible headstones remain.
The Burial register is held at the
|Entrance to cemetery|
|William's family vault|