|The gun at Windsor Green|
At this time the Navy, in conjunction with the RSL, were distributing wartime memorabilia to communities around Australia, for safe keeping.
The HMAS Protector was built in 1882 for the province of South Australia and went on to serve in wars overseas. The Hon Sir Thomas Playford GCMC, Premier of South Australia unveiled the commemoration plaque in 1962.
For many years the gun stood in Windsor Green (now part of the carpark for Elizabeth shopping centre) before it found its new home at the Elizabeth Navy Club, in Chivell St, Elizabeth South.
|The gun outside the Navy Club|