The Brigade was formed in December 1960. Before the area was protected by a unit from the District Council of Munno Para, stationed at Gawler Blocks (now known as Evanston Gardens), about 13 miles away.
There was also a number of private units. One of these units, owned by Yattalunga Pastoral Company, was bought by the Council and stationed in a shed at the One Tree Hill Methodist Church.
This Unit was a 1944 Ford truck carrying 400 gallons of water and equipped with a Howard Motor and Pump. It was rebuilt mainly by voluntary labour in October 1962, and around that time, the Council built a shed in the centre of the town. This is now the One Tree Hill Fire Station.
The next step forward came three years later when the Council supplied a second unit, a 1964 Bedford Truck carrying 400 gallons of water and fitted with a Magirus Pump and Motor. This unit was commissioned by the Director of EFS, Mr F.L. Kerr, in September 1965.
Over the next four years members raised about $3,000 by holding various functions. This money was to be used for the replacement of the Ford with a new four wheel drive unit.
With the generous support of the local residents and the District Council of Munno Para, this project was completed. In May 1969, members began to make a survey of newly completed appliances.
They then spent several hundred hours designing a most modern and up to date unit. It is an International C1300 HD 4 x 4 chassis carrying 280 gallons of water and fitted with a Davey Pump powered by a 6hp Honda motor. The unit was built By P.A. Wotton of Uraidla and commissioned by the Director of EFS in February 1970.