Thursday, November 7, 2013

Post a memory

 
Recently people were asked to write a memory about Elizabeth on the back of a postcard, this is what some wrote.

The days (and nights) when you could go to bed with the doors and windows unlocked.

I remember moving from the hostel into Elizabeth Downs, we had neighbours of English, Dutch, Australian origin and our family from Glasgow, it was a wonderful place to grow up and live with many wonderful memories.  I saw the Queen on Hamblyn road.  It was an experience I will never forget.

The fun of the Birthday celebrations are sadly missed.

My wife and I first lived in Goodwood rd, Elizabeth South.  The roads weren't sealed, there was alot of mud, but great community spirit with the early settlers.

What memories do you have of the area?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment