The Olive grove was a large part of the Judd families farming operations. What is left of the Olive grove today is only a small portion of the original grove. It is estimated that the grove was planted in the early 1900’s by the Judd brothers, Richard and Edward. Further up towards Whyte bank are a few scattered olive trees. At one time the grove extended along the breaks of Breakneck creek towards Whyte Bank and probably covered most of the area right up towards the foothills.
An Adelaide firm would come out every year to pick the olive crop.The Olive grove was purchased by the SA Housing Trust in the 1950’s.